CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 11, 2006

Cinderella did have a ball

Dec. 9th We celebrated my birthday a day early. I picked up my mom from her hairdresser and then we both had a pedicure and our nails painted in a festive red with gold glitter. We came home and started getting ready. I put did my mom's make up and she looked really pretty. Justin was a great photographer. I had my picture made with my mom, Dan, and my dad. I haven't had a nice picture made with my dad in a long time so these photos have special meaning. We all rode together in the van. We saw a living nativity as we drove past a church we wanted to stop but there wasn't time. The Mission Inn was gorgeous. I love seeing this old building and all the lights. I felt a little like a star arriving with the valet parking and entering a private reseption area for those with reservations. We were pleasantly surprised by the Prime Rib buffet. My favorite was the stir fry beef with portabella mushrooms. Matthew and Maverick got the biggest hamburgers I've ever seen for a kid's meal. The desserts were yummy too. Gingerbread snowman cookies, and several cakes. The waitress brought me a pumpkin cheesecake for my birthday. Afterward we walked around the mission and saw the animated elves. They were so odd looking that we enjoyed a good laugh. We watched a vender making kettle corn it smelled so delicious. We took a walk in a Christmas ornament shop and my dad spotted these really fun 3-D glasses. Each of them create a unique hologram around the lights. http://www.3dglassesonline.com/holidayspecs.com.html Dan bought a few ofthem because we all had such fun playing with them. Dan tried them on while driving on the way home and I made him quickly take it off. I tend to be a nervous passenger. We listened to Christmas music on the way home. It was such an enjoyable night. I did feel just a little like Cinderella.

No comments: