CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Random Thoughts

Just a week ago my dh and I hosted Thanksgiving in our home for the very first time. I had fun planning, setting up the tables, decorating, and cooking. One little hiccup. I used the self-cleaning mode on my overn the weekend before Thanksgiving. A few days later I went to use my oven and discovered it would not heat. I found a local repairman that was willing to come out the day before Thanksgiving. He came later in the day when it was starting to get dark. We found out the hard way that my whole house is connected to one circuit breaker. He had to install a new oven gauge with a flashlight. I even pulled out some candles and made a joke about having an old fashioned Thanksgiving by candlelight. Another funny story was my mom couldn't find her recipe for the cream in her fruit salad. I called my sister in Florida to ask her for our family recipe We also looked on the internet. We used the internet recipe and although it wasn't exactly our family recipe it was still yummy. My favorite memory was seeing and hearing my family as we lit a candle and shared our thanks.We need to do this next year before serving food. It was nice however that we all started eating at the same time and it gave everyone a chance to share. Later it was fun watching the boys dip their fingers in the liquid wax and make finger print molds. I loved doing this as kid so it was fun to see them have fun doing it too. I forgot to pass out the index cards I had planned on having everyone fill with their thoughts of gratitude and we never took a "group" shot. My mil has already asked me to host again next year. So as I reflect on last week I feel joy all over again. Thank you God for my family, my health, my home, my church, na dmy country. Remember: Thanksgiving is a holiday....Thanksliving is a way of life.
My son read this story today.
A quote from: Three Questions by Leo Tolsoi
"Remember then: there is only one time that is important-now!"

No comments: